With recent heat waves over Europe, and record breaking temperatures here in the UK, climate change has been a topic of focus as of late, and if this is the cause of these extreme conditions then there has never been a better time to be climate positive.
That’s why Just Vehicle Solutions signed up to become a member of Ecologi in order to offset our carbon output. Ecologi is a platform for climate action, and when you become a paid member they use the membership fees to fund climate positive projects around the world.
It’s been a couple of months since our last update, so we wanted to let you know what our membership has funded in the 10 months that we have been a member, and how you could help too.
So far, Ecologi have planted 782 trees on our behalf and funded a total of 13 projects. This equates to 54.7t of carbon reduction, which is the equivalent to:
- 42 long haul flights
- 135,711 miles driven in a car
- 164 metres2 of sea ice saved
Here are the projects our membership fees have funded:
- Preventing deforestation in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Wind power project in Mexico
- First Ever Wind Power Project in Honduras
- Improving the Efficiency of Metro Transport in India
- Generating clean electricity from hydropower in India
- Producing electricity from wind power in Northeast Thailand
- Wind power generation in Bac Lieu Province, Vietnam
- Preserving Amazonian rainforest in Brazil
- Solar power generation in Tamil Nadu and Telangana, India
- Using waste biomass to produce electricity in Chile
- Small scale onshore wind in India
- Protecting lowland peat forest in Indonesia
- Producing renewable wind energy in Bulgaria
How would you, or your business like to make a positive impact on the climate? Becoming a member with Ecologi is certainly one way. And if you use our referral link, they will plant another 30 trees on our behalf as a thank you!