Save money. Save time. Drive the latest and greatest models. These are just a few perks of leasing a car through your business.
As company car leasing experts, we know a thing or two about how to lease a vehicle through your business.
Whether you’re a start-up, sole trader or mid-to-large-sized organisation, follow our guide to get the best leasing deal and vehicle to match your individual, team and business needs.
5 Steps On How To Lease A Car Through Your Business
1) Find a commercial vehicle/company car leasing dealership
The fact you’re reading this blog means step one is complete! We specialise in long and short-term leases.
As a family-run, independent dealer, we can also tailor company car and van lease contracts to your needs, with flexibility on monthly payments, contract length, mileage, models and deposit costs.
2) Consider who in the business is driving the leased vehicle
This is an important one that will save you a lot of money in the long run. Our flexible lease contracts take care of road tax and maintenance costs, meaning the only thing you have to cover is insurance and fuel.
If, for instance, the company car is for a younger member of staff, the insurance is likely to be more expensive, particularly for more advanced vehicles. This is why we offer a range of smaller vehicles and hatchbacks; these are much cheaper to insure.
3) Consider where and when you’ll be driving the company car
Mileage is one of a few factors that determine how much your lease contract will cost. This is for two reasons:
- A) The more miles you drive, the more fuel you’ll need to buy.
- B) The overall monthly cost of a lease contract can be cheaper if you commit to less mileage.
When leasing a car through your business, it’s also worth bearing in mind that, if you only use the vehicle for business use, you can reclaim 100% of the VAT.
4) Tax benefits of leasing a car through your business
There are many financial benefits to leasing a vehicle through your company, each of which we have outlined in our guide below:
This guide includes:
- Deducting monthly payments on leased vehicles
- The tax involved in providing a company car
- How emissions affect lease payments on a car for business
5) Matching your business needs and branding with your company car
Leasing a company car is the perfect opportunity to continue your business branding and growth on the roads.
From vehicle livery (adding your logo and contact details to your car’s exterior) to storage and tech, browse our leasing deals and find a vehicle that matches your needs, industry and look of your business.
For example, if you’re a luxury brand, you’ll want a luxury vehicle to ensure the identity of your business is enhanced – not damaged – when you turn up to meetings or on your commute to the office.
Or, if you’re a tradesperson, you’ll need a commercial vehicle lease that can store all of your equipment securely and safely.