Just over 2 years ago, Just Vehicle Solutions signed up to become a member of Ecologi – a platform for climate action.
Ecologi is an environmental organization based in Bristol with over 40,000 members. Users pay a fee to be a member, and those fees are then used to fund climate positive projects all over the world. These project remove more greenhouse gases than you produce, therefore helping you to be more climate positive.
We have been a member since October 2021, and so far our membership fees have funded a total of 33 project around the globe. As we have come to the end of another year, we wanted to update you on what Ecologi have been up to on our behalf.
Since October 2021, Ecologi have planted 1,356 trees on our behalf. Our membership has supported the prevention of 99.11 tCO2e from being emitted through 33 verified carbon avoidance projects.
What does 99.11 of tCO2e mean? Well, it equates to the following:
- 76 long haul flights (at 8,619.80 km per flight)
- 297 of sea ice saved metres2
- 245,892 miles driven in a cae
Take a look at the projects we have funded below:
- Producing electricity from wind power in Northeast Thailand
- Avoiding methane emissions from landfill in Brazil
- Wind power project in Mexico
- Preserving Amazonian rainforest in Brazil
- Generating clean electricity from hydropower in India
- First Ever Wind Power Project in Honduras
- Using waste biomass to produce electricity in Chile
- Small scale onshore wind in India
- Solar power generation in Tamil Nadu and Telangana, India
- Generating renewable solar electricity in Egypt
- Protection of the Matavén forest in eastern Colombia
- Wind power project in Thailand
- Producing renewable wind energy in Bulgaria
- Improving the Efficiency of Metro Transport in India
- Turning local organic waste into electricity in India
- Generating electricity from landfill gas in Brazil
You can become a member and be climate positive
We look forward to seeing how Ecologi use our membership to continue their work across the globe throughout 2024 and beyond.